Monday 9 July 2012

Getting started

The images below are my early representational drawings of the sea forts. These studies allowed me to start to understand the form, tone, textures and scale  and how if could represent them. They were drawn on a smooth fabriano paper which allowed me to achieve a greater range of tone with the graphite.

Sea fort study

Sea fort studies

Quick pencil study
As I was drawing the sea forts I was becoming increasingly aware of the graphic forms and textures within them. The pieces below are a more abstract approach to the subject. I have started to break the image down to more basic graphic forms used to form a composition in which to add texture and surface qualities related to the original drawings completed earlier.

Shape studies


 
Abstract form

Detail
Detail




Although by no means resolved I feel there could be potential and aim to take some of these images into the etching process.

No comments:

Post a Comment